- I'm Doing...
- About Me/Contact
An Award! For ME?
Submitted by Pam on Tue, 02/17/2009 - 19:55
My lovely friend Chris over at Prism Trail! bestowed this award on me weeks ago! And I know she forgives me for the delay in passing on the award. She is a kind soul who is always, always crafting, is an enthusiastic supporter of bloggers (which has had its rewards), and she never fails to approach whatever life sends her way with a positive, upbeat attitude. Whenever I get discouraged, I remember this post! (If my oven quit - I would never have thought to go to Trader Joe's to save the day!)
And my favorite cactus and daisy artist Teri at Teri's Painted Daisies has just received this award and passed it on to all of us who read her blog! Check out this cool Photoshop technique she uses on some of her paintings. We have used it on some of our photographs and have gotten some surprising and intriguing results. Teri is quite an amazing woman and her blog is a delight.
THANK YOU BOTH! I ACCEPT! Chris and Teri have given me unwavering support and constant encouragement throughout the first few months of my blogging adventure. I hope someday I will meet both of them.
My task as recipient of this award is to name 7 things I love so here goes:
- Hanging out with my children is definitely at the TOP of my list!
- Christmas, St. Nicholas Day, Feast of Guadalupe, Santa Lucia Day, Solstice... I absolutely LOVE the winter holidays- the cooking, crafting, decorating, crafting...and THE COOKIES! To be clear - EATING the cookies. While I'm crafting!
- Crafting with tin, beads, wire and gourds
- Cooking and baking, especially when I am trying out new recipes
- Sitting on my patio first thing in the morning sipping my husband's EXCELLENT coffee (he is THE coffee God) and meditating on my garden
- Hiking in the mountains, the desert, the Olympic Forest and dreaming about the new places I haven't yet explored.
- The whole amazing process of creating
I understand the other condition of acceptance is to name three bloggers I feel deserve the Kreativ Blogger award. That is a difficult task indeed! So, I have decided to give the award to three bloggers who have enriched my crafting experience as a result of a post or tutorial.
- Margit at papirklip og aesker, because she has provided so many Woven Heart patterns - I have just finished making this one! Take a little time to explore her site and discover all her wonderful woven heart and folded box templates.
- Hope at Taueret posted images of her gorgeous weavings last Fall, and inspired me to reacquaint myself with weaving and...to assemble the table loom I bought for my birthday last May! It is time! I have a box stuffed full of lovely weaving yarns I bought in the 70's!
Thank you, thank you... I am so happy to have been chosen to receive this award.