- I'm Doing...
- About Me/Contact
Mini Tips and Tuts: Easy Yarn-y Witch to Haunt Your Heart
Submitted by Pam on Mon, 10/07/2013 - 16:33
Meet the newest addition to my witch-y collection!
She is easy easy easy to make - you will be done in under an hour!
All you need: a cone, a felted ball or wooden bead (1 1/2" to 2" diameter), and bits of yarn and roving...
Â… and a glue gun, a bit of Mod Podge, a brush and scissors.
1. Brush Mod Podge over the surface of the cone (working in sections from the top down is easiest). Starting at the top, drop an end of your yarn into the cone hole and begin winding it around the outside of the cone.
2. At the bottom of the cone, secure the yarn by bringing the end to the inside and taping in place.
3. Glue the 2" ball onto the top of the cone using the glue gun. Use plenty of glue.
4. Add bits of wild and spooky yarns to the bottom edge and around the "neck".
5. Use another cone - cut in half - and a paper disk to make the hat. It is so quick and easy to glue both pieces onto an old witch hat.
6. Wind the yarn around the cone in the same way as above.
7. Glue the cone and the paper disk right over the witch hat - (OR slide the paper disk over the cone until it is close to the bottom edge of the cone).
8. Decorate the hat with bits of yarn
9. Add roving to the "head" with the glue gun - a strip of glue at the crown works well.
10. Fluff the roving into the most wild hair possible and then glue on that fabulous hat!!
Your witch is done!!! Unless, of course you want to add a face. I will leave that up to you!!